Mission Statement

The purpose of this blog is help those that smoke cigars and travel for work find the best cigar stores when they travel.

Top Ten Cigar Stores I've Visited - Midwest / Northeast US

  • Avon Cigars, Agawam, MA
  • House of Cigar, Powell, OH
  • Belicoso Lounge, Tinley Park, IL

Friday, July 13, 2012

La Palina... EL DIARIO


I took another plunge today and dropped some bucks ($13)on the La Palina - 
I bought and then smoke the stick at Ruben's Smoke Stack in Hackensack, NJ.

(I found this place a few weeks ago on one of my cigar store hunts I frequently do when in a town I've not been in for a while...   Really a great selection of smokes - Alot of boutique stuff along with the regulars - General Cigars - Altadis etc... Prices are reasonable for the area and a good  group of guys there...)


I've heard so much acclaim for this stick I had to try it!!

This cigar tasted sweet before the light. Once lit I can say that I have never smoked a more effortless draw.  The cigar is medium to say the least.  The wrapper, binder and filler are 12+ years old and are incredibly smooth but I have to say that there is not quite enough bite for me.. Again tastes very good but not real kick!!


No comments:

Post a Comment